The Culinary Ventures of Gavin and Haleigh Burgon
We, Gavin and Haleigh, thoroughly enjoy cooking together! We work as a pretty good team experimenting and attempting new things. However, as time has gone on, we cannot seem to remember what we’ve made, which dishes we loved, and where on earth we found the recipes, thus, we have decided that it is imperative that we compile the things we enjoy in one place: here, on our blog. We will try to take a picture of everything we make and are happy to share these recipes with anyone who would like to try them. Bon appétit!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Thai Village

Over the past few months, after Lon’s Bbq went out of business, Gavin and I watched and waited each time we left the neighborhood to see what would take its place. Then, several weeks ago a sign went up that said, Thai Village; we could hardly wait for it to open. Well…today was opening day! Gavie and I excitedly went there for dinner tonight and…it was delicious! ! ! We first ordered what was called “Curry Stuffed” – I’d compare it to a wonton stuffed with pork, corn, peas, and a Thai sauce. The funny part is that you dip it in fry sauce! Seriously, Yum. Then, we ordered Masaman Curry and a glass noodle vegetable dish that I cannot remember the name of. They were both great, but the curry took the cake; it had a nice flavor but wasn’t too strong. By the time we thought to take a picture, we were almost done, so we combined our dishes. All in all, we definitely plan to go back again and are anxious to try more of the dishes. So, if you’re looking for a new place to try, Thai Village is a must. (400 North and University Ave.)

2 comments:

  1. Ok...so the original and first Thai Village is in American Fork by my house. IT IS AMAZING Thai food! It's the go-to spot for Beau and I. We've tried lots of stuff. Our favorite curry is the Pineapple Curry. We also love the Cashew Chicken. But, let's be honest....we've never ordered something we didn't love. I'm happy to know we share the same love as you and Gavin do for the Thai Village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em! Oh how fun! I didn't know it was a chain! My mother-in-law told me that she'd heard of a good Thai restaurant in AF so I'm sure that's it! It IS so delicious! I'm going to try the pineapple curry next time! I'm so glad that you know of it! I'll see you next Wednesday for Trace's shower xo

    ReplyDelete