The Culinary Ventures of Gavin and Haleigh Burgon
We, Gavin and Haleigh, thoroughly enjoy cooking together! We work as a pretty good team experimenting and attempting new things. However, as time has gone on, we cannot seem to remember what we’ve made, which dishes we loved, and where on earth we found the recipes, thus, we have decided that it is imperative that we compile the things we enjoy in one place: here, on our blog. We will try to take a picture of everything we make and are happy to share these recipes with anyone who would like to try them. Bon appétit!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sinful and Simple Chocolate Cake

Now, this is not a gourmet cake that I would serve if Julia Childs or Madame Julienne were coming over for dinner; I’m almost embarrassed to post it seeing how simple it is. However, I tried it out and actually combined a couple of recipes: one from Chocolate Never Faileth (The new cookbook that David and Gloria Neeley so sweetly gave to me and I am loving!) as well as one from a “Best of Utah Recipes” cookbook. So, if you’re crunched for time, this is the easiest way to make a simple, yet moist chocolate Bundt cake. I have yet to find a good frosting but I’m working on it. However, it tastes fine on its own due to the chocolate chips.


¾ Cup Sour Cream

4 Eggs

½ Cup water

½ Cup oil

1 (18.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix

1 3-oz box instant chocolate pudding

1 Cup (Or More!) semisweet chocolate chips

(I prefer milk chocolate chips)

Powdered Sugar

Heat oven to 350˚. Beat sour cream, eggs, water, and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add cake mix and pudding mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Place batter in a sprayed or greased and floured Bundt pan. (Once I even greased it then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on the sides. It gave it a crusty outside, but still tasted good!) Bake 45-55 minutes (52 in my oven is perfect) or until a fork inserted into cake comes out clean. While still hot, (after about 10 minutes) invert cake onto a serving platter. When cool, sift powdered sugar over top of cake. If you want, you can put something pretty in the middle of the hole :) haha-Bundt cakes always make me think of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment