The Culinary Ventures of Gavin and Haleigh Burgon
We, Gavin and Haleigh, thoroughly enjoy cooking together! We work as a pretty good team experimenting and attempting new things. However, as time has gone on, we cannot seem to remember what we’ve made, which dishes we loved, and where on earth we found the recipes, thus, we have decided that it is imperative that we compile the things we enjoy in one place: here, on our blog. We will try to take a picture of everything we make and are happy to share these recipes with anyone who would like to try them. Bon appétit!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gyros

I obviously didn’t bake this, but since it is food related, I thought I’d still share it. This, my dear friends, is a lamb gyro. If you don’t know what a gyro is, click here. If you haven’t tasted one, you’re truly missing out. I discovered these in France though there, a gyro is known as a kebab or a sandwich grec. In Paris, my friend Elizabeth and I discovered the absolute best hole-in-the-wall (literally) stand where we could devour them for next to nothing. The man there put herbes de provence in the tzatziki sauce along with fries, lamb meat, onions and tomatoes and then he grilled the pita bread. The meat roasts on a spit all day long and each time a sandwich is made, the cook shaves off the outside (see picture for a better idea). Okay, now I’m nostalgic – I went back and looked at a few pictures so I included them. Anyhow, the only place to get a gyro around here as at the Ultimate Greek Broiler on State Street in Orem. I promise, it isn’t as scary as it looks on the outside. Yum!

1 comment: